Saturday 21 July 2007

Spinning News


I have finished the introduction to spinning course. This is all the wool I spun as part of the course, we got to do dyeing as well. Actually I lie, I did some others, on the last day we got to experiment with lots of different fibres silk, camel, cotton, alpaca. My camera is having battery issues at the moment and I am feeling too lazy so you'll just have to make do with this photo I already had on hand.
Right at this moment I have a sink full of wool tops soaking, waiting to be dyed with food colouring. I also have started another knitting project, haven't finished anything though. I'm still working on the overalls for the girls. Middle monkey's are just waiting on buttons, she has been wearing them with safety pins, and they look gorgeous. My garish worries were unfounded.
Ooh, and I bought my first fleece the other day! I'm so excited about spinning it.
So you see, I have been doing some craft. I -am- a crafty mum.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger meggie said...

Wow, Crafty, you have been busy! I just love those pretty hanks of spun wool there. Gorgeous colours. You will have to treat your camera to some batteries, & show us you other fibres.

22 July 2007 at 06:55  
Blogger crafty said...

Yes, I have lots of stuff to show off.

23 July 2007 at 10:30  
Blogger LBA said...

I used to know someone with a spinning wheel in their living room ( well, actually, I knew a few, haven't seen anyone do that in years besides at Craft Expo thingies ;)

It was mesmerising.

Glad i'm not the only one not crapping on about H.P. I've been screaming in everybody's comments about it.

Let normality return.

23 July 2007 at 10:38  
Blogger Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Pretty colours!

My spinning knowledge is limited to the fact that I remember it is very tricky to get the wheel to go the right way.

Looks like you mastered that bit.

23 July 2007 at 12:38  
Blogger crafty said...

Yes Fairlie I seem to have mastered that bit. H&B I wish I could keep mine in the lounge room, I have to lug it out at night when the Monkeys are asleep, and then lug it back to it's hidey hole again before I go to bed. And it is heavy and awkward. I did try spinning with the monkeys one day, they like to watch, but littlest monkey also likes to help and her hair got caught in the yarn. (Not a drama as it is powered by me and stops instantly, but a demonstration of the dangers of anything with moving parts around littlies.)

23 July 2007 at 12:51  
Blogger Aunty Evil said...

I love that combination of colours, it looks like the colours in a sunrise!

Oh willya lookit me, waxing lyrical!

23 July 2007 at 15:19  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home