Wednesday 20 June 2007

Whaddya Think?

I rather like Kirsty's Mosaic Monday and Suzadoo's Come the Revolution Friday, and I am thinking of having my very own special day. 'Crimes against Craft', or perhaps 'Crime or Sublime? You Decide. I know it has already been done, see my blog links, but I don't want to do it every day and I don't want to limit myself to just knitting, or crochet, heck what about macrame? or stuffed fabric photo frames? we can't leave those out now can we?
I have just been sorting through some of my vintage patterns, there is some good stuff I tell you.

I couldn't help showing off some of my patterns in my last post (of the sublime variety in my opinion) and would love to share some more.

It has also come to my attention that some people have been trying to comment on my blog but can't. I don't know why this is but if you are one of these people you may email me at:
allydillydally-craftymum(AT)yahoo.com.au

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Love the Crimes Against Craft! Oooh, stuffed fabric photo frames *shudder* I made one of those once.

And thanks for the mosaic love but Mosaic Monday wasn't my idea - it's Shula's bandwagon and I jumped on it. Shula's at http://poppalina.typepad.com/my_weblog/

20 June 2007 at 15:10  
Blogger Stomper Girl said...

Ha! Tell me what day. I've got this great knitting bag to submit...

20 June 2007 at 16:38  
Blogger Sussanah said...

I had a crimes against crafte flashback today when a woman vame into my cafe with a 'fimo' floral pin, scary scary

20 June 2007 at 17:19  
Blogger Aunty Evil said...

My neighbours when I was growing up had a curtain separating the kitchen from the loungeroom made from the ring pulls from aluminium cans.

Now THAT is art!

20 June 2007 at 17:53  
Blogger Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

I can't believe Sussanah beat me to it...as soon as I read "crimes against craft" I started thinking FIMO! (and Hobbytex...)

I love the idea - go for it!

20 June 2007 at 19:37  
Blogger crafty said...

Wow! A ring pull curtain? Well, I could get into that at least it's recycling...I think Wednesday will be the day; have you seen those hats made from old beer cans crocheted together?
I made a stuffed fabric frame too, it was sooo pretty it had lace and everything! :)
I don't want to offend anyone though, taste is such an objective thing, which is why I thought I might leave the option for people to put a vote in for sublime.

21 June 2007 at 09:43  
Blogger meggie said...

I really rather liked Crimes against Craft, but the Sublime is pretty good too.
I have a crochet trouser suit pattern I once made. It was for a shop, I used to do crochetwork for the owner. I honestly dont know if she ever sold it, but I wouldnt think so. It has flared pants too!!
What about those little boxes made from crocheted-together Xmas cards??
But as you say, it is all in the mind of the beholder!

21 June 2007 at 11:49  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home