Saturday 16 June 2007

The Secret , Mild Language Warning and Meme

Okay, apparently Oprah did a show about this book called The Secret, I haven't read it or seen Oprah's show but I did see 'The Chaser's War on Everything' story about the Secret, so I'm an expert.
In the excerpts shown on The Chaser we saw a woman visualising herself with a gold necklace she had seen in a shop window. I find this really fucked up.
What I want to know is, if you really believe you can just visualise and believe and get anything you want, what do you want with a useless bit of gold jewellery? How about world peace? End to hunger and poverty? Clean water and sanitation for all? or you could start simple, how about a harmonious and happy home life? Does this mean if I visualise my house all clean and sparkly (might help with the harmony bit) it will happen if I really believe it? Bullshit. I would have to get up off my arse and clean it myself.


Tagged by Stomper for this.

One-Word Responses Meme


1. Where is your cell phone? Kitchen
2. Relationship? Married
3. Your hair? Red
4. Work? Kids
5. Your sister? Lovely


6. Your favourite thing? Family
7. Your dream last night? Bad
8. Your favourite drink? Coffee
9. Your dream car? Emission-less
10. The room you're in? Pigsty


11. Your shoes? Holey
12. Your fears? Lots
13. What do you want to be in 10 years? Alive
14. Who did you hang out with this weekend? Family
15. What are you not good at? Tidiness


16. Muffin? Chocolate
17. Wish list item? Cook
18. Where you grew up? Country
19. The last thing you did? Coffee
20. What are you wearing? Brown


21. What are you not wearing? Makeup
22. Your pet? Guinea-pigs
23. Your computer? Sticky
24. Your life? Ordinary
25. Your mood? Cranky

26. Missing? Summer
27. What are you thinking about? Coffee
28. Your car? Large
29. Your kitchen? Disgrace
30. Your summer? Dry


31. Your favourite colour? Red
32. Last time you laughed? Yesterday
33. Last time you cried? Nutmeg's (Fri 8th)
34. School? Mum
35. Love? Kids

Man, that is hard, I wanted to elaborate on every one!

5 Comments:

Blogger Conqueress said...

My house didn't get cleaned until I had to list it on the market. Really... it takes me visualizing money in my bank account to get motivated.

16 June 2007 at 13:16  
Blogger Tanya Brown said...

Thank you for echoing my sentiments about The Secret. I haven't read the book, but from the reviews it sounds really annoying.

All those lazy sods out there who have teeth falling out and are working five jobs to support their kids and old parents? It's their own damned fault! If they'd simply VISUALIZE prosperity and good teeth, their problems would evaporate. Poof!

16 June 2007 at 14:22  
Blogger Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

I saw that Oprah show and I agree with you completely. One thing which was said that I just couldn't accept was that everything that happens in your life, good or bad, you "attract" to yourself by your own actions...tell that to someone who is innocently involved in a tragic accident, or has a serious illness etc

16 June 2007 at 14:33  
Blogger Stomper Girl said...

I agree about the Secret. It's such a reflection of our consumer society yet it still shocks me with its greed-is-good mentality.

So many people doing this meme (myself included) answered "many" to the question Fears? Is that parenthood, western society gone mad or do I just read the blogs of a whole lot of wusses?

16 June 2007 at 15:45  
Blogger meggie said...

Crass=the Secret.
Loved your answers.

16 June 2007 at 23:25  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home