Wednesday 23 May 2007

I always enjoy eavesdropping on Monkey 2 playing, as she provides a running commentary.
Here's a little gem from yesterday, "How much do you love me? I love you 5 o'clock. Oh, that's how much you love me."
I have quite often come running in to cries of "Mum, Mum, Mu-um..."
Only to be greeted with disgusted looks, "I'm not talking to YOU, I'm playing"

She made a hat for one of her dollies yesterday;
"Where is some paper Mum?"


This is a cardi I finished last year, I made it from somebody else's half finished garment I found in an op-shop, ripped it, anyway I don't wear this colour, this is a before shot for my first foray into dying with food colours. Actually my second, I didn't read the bit about it only working on protein fibres and tried to dye some cotton. (I am allergic to the dylon and rit cotton dyes.) Stay tuned for the after shot.

I had a captive audience while making pizza bases last night;
Yes, that IS a roll of toilet paper on our kitchen table, why is it there? I don't know. I have finished the skinny scarf, hope she likes it.

I got this Rowan magazine yesterday, lots of things I want to knit, including the design from the front cover. I want to use different yarn though, started a swatch, this is all wrong, but I think I have worked out what I was doing wrong, have to wait til tonight to try again. I haven't knitted lace before other than on the cardi shown above, which I don't know if you could really call lace. It's a bad photo, my yarn is 2ply baby alpaca, in dark green, the pattern uses kid silk haze, which is fuzzy and totally different, I suppose it won't work, but I'll give it a go. Any of you knitting geniuses out there have any suggestions?

Oh dear! looks like it's instant coffee for me today.
See that black stuff? That's not coffee, it's charcoal.

Oh my, forgot to put the child lock on the fridge....

That's it, rub it in, good girl.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great scarf, not such great coffee. Or fridge-related issues!

23 May 2007 at 17:47  
Blogger Stomper Girl said...

I love you 5 o'clock? That is SOOO romantic.

23 May 2007 at 19:51  
Blogger meggie said...

Hectic!!
You must have the patience of a saint!
Loved all the pics...is that a peek at Cherub's new look?

24 May 2007 at 07:53  
Blogger crafty said...

I used to think I was a very patient person, but then I had kids....
Ummm, I think that might be a Cherub before shot, or else I'm -incredibly- unobservant. The truth is I was just trying to get the tea done, wasn't really looking at hair.

24 May 2007 at 09:59  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home