Tuesday 12 June 2007

When I Grow Up

Dinner conversation last night:

Monkey 2, "What do you want to be when you grow up? You can be anything you want, I want to be a witch." (We have been hearing quite a lot along this theme.)

Monkey 1, "I want to be an archaeologist."

Monkey 2, " Oh, do they have horns?"

Monkey 1, with a giggle, "No, they dig up bones."

Monkey 2, "oh, so do you mean like a dog?"

Bless her little heart she really believes you can be -whatever- you want to be when you grow up, which is of course what I told her. I wasn't expecting quite as literal an interpretation.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute!! An often used quote in our house is, "When i grow up I want to be a fire engine!"

12 June 2007 at 13:46  
Blogger Stomper Girl said...

I'm quite impressed Monkey 1 knows about archaeology. And wondering what it was in that word that made Monkey 2 want to know if they had horns?

12 June 2007 at 22:56  
Blogger meggie said...

Yes, I agree with Stomper, what an interesting conversation!

13 June 2007 at 08:55  
Blogger crafty said...

Yes, I assume she is thinking an archaelogist is some kind of mythical creature, maybe a dragon. Why? not sure. Monkey 1 knows about archaelogists because I told him, he only wants to dig up dinosaur bones though, nothing else.

13 June 2007 at 12:36  
Blogger Tanya Brown said...

I rather like the idea of becoming a dog when I grow up. Now I have a new goal.

Thought I'd stop by and say hello, as well as thank you for coming by my blog.

14 June 2007 at 13:25  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home