Friday 6 July 2007

Birthday meme

I've been tagged for the birthday meme by Tanya and Aunty Evil.

The rules are that you go to Wikipedia and type in your date of birth without the year. From the results of that search, you're supposed to list two birthdays, three events and one holiday that are of interest. Here's my list:

Nov 1

Birthdays

Tina Arena, an Australian singer
Toni Collette, an Australian actor

I chose these two because they are aussies and I know who they are!

Events

1939 - The first rabbit born after artificial insemination is exhibited to the world.

Why on earth would anyone need to artificially inseminate a -rabbit-? (I realise rabbits are convenient for experimentation precisely because they breed like...rabbits, but I still think it's funny.)

1896 - A picture showing the unclad (bare) breasts of a woman appears in National Geographic magazine for the first time.

1920 - American Fishing Schooner Esperanto defeats the Canadian Fishing Schooner Delawana in the First International Fishing Schooner Championship Races in Halifax.

Sorry, but it seems nothing much interesting happened, apart from bombs and death and war related activities, I guess it just shows that destructive events are always recorded.

Holiday

Mexico- Day of the Dead celebrations begin. (Sounds like a hoot!)

If you are Catholic it is also All Saints Day, and if you live in Victoria, Australia it is occasionally a public holiday for The Melbourne Cup. (Horse race.)

So that's it, and I tag Fairlie.

I would like to introduce you all to a very good friend of mine, and a member of my craft group GirlyGirl, she has just started a blog. Drop in and say hi, she bakes a mean cake.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger LBA said...

Very cool - I just looked up my date and there's heaps of stuff !!

The Mexican Day of the Dead IS a hoot - you should look into it - amazing.

6 July 2007 at 15:59  
Blogger Aunty Evil said...

Fellow Scorpio, your birthday brings forth as many exciting events as mine did. Must have been the time of year!

I agree about the death and destruction, late October/early November, everyone's bored I suppose, waiting for Christmas to arrive.

6 July 2007 at 17:39  
Blogger Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Thanks for the tag! I'll get onto it! (sometime soon...I like to ponder, remember...)

6 July 2007 at 21:23  
Blogger Stomper Girl said...

Wow, deadset?? The First International Fishing Schooner Championship Races were held on your birthdate. That is way cool.

Are you older or younger than Tina and Toni? I'm guessing younger. I'm guessing that I'm older though...*sigh*

6 July 2007 at 23:16  
Blogger Tanya Brown said...

This is great stuff, particularly your a.i. rabbit comment. And frankly, what adolescent male who has thumbed through National Geographic hasn't been grateful for the editorial decision to depict females in their natural state?

7 July 2007 at 14:13  
Blogger meggie said...

This is quite interesting. I must go off & try mine.
My daughter is a Scorpio, & she has much charm, & very hypnotic eyes.
Mexican Day of the Dead leaves Halloween for dead. Ahem!

7 July 2007 at 17:36  
Blogger Sussanah said...

Schooners, boobs and rabbits hmmm sounds like a university comedy skit

9 July 2007 at 16:45  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home