Tuesday 24 July 2007

Goddess? Yes. Domestic? Um...

Well, I don't bite, scratch or pee on the floor if that's what you mean.

This morning has been one of those mornings.

Monkey 1 decided to make a fuss about getting dressed in front of the TV this morning, (I let him do this yesterday, give an inch....) and met strong opposition from Husband. Anyway so fuss made, temperatures risen, Monkey sent to bedroom, crashing sounds can be heard. Husband leaves for work.

Finally we are all dressed and ready, thank God Middle Monkey decided to behave this morning and knew where her shoes were (miraculous!). Then I remembered it is school photo day. So I had to raid Monkey 1's money box. Then I realised thanks to my new policy of dressing the Monkeys in dirty clothes to save on washing, that Monkey 1 probably should have had a fresh set of clothes to wear for photos, oh well no time to change. So we are about to walk out the door, when I remembered oh, Fuck! I haven't made his lunch. So he is having peanut butter sandwiches for play lunch and big lunch. His hair is sticking out all over the place too. Also, the house has reached new levels of mess, so much so that Middle Monkey having left detritus everywhere else, started lining up her toys in the hallway....

If you have come looking for scenes of domestic bliss, you have come to the wrong place.

7 Comments:

Blogger Stomper Girl said...

Surprised I didn't hear any of that. Must be because we were in our own pother of getting ready for the Climber's School Concert matinee.

Monkey 1 will still look gorgeous with dirty clothes and sticking-up hair. I hope he smiles for the photo, because his toothless tiger look at the moment is great.

24 July 2007 at 13:57  
Blogger crafty said...

Well, really he just wouldn't look himself if he was all clean and well-groomed would he?

I hope he smiles too!

24 July 2007 at 14:19  
Blogger Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

It must be the planet alignment or something...cause there ain't no demestic bliss here either!

24 July 2007 at 20:53  
Blogger Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Of course I meant dOmestic bliss...I'm no typing goddess either.

24 July 2007 at 20:55  
Blogger Melinda said...

Have any of us ever really looked our best on picture day? I always looked my worst... zit in middle of face, hair not cooperating, no lipstick and squinty-eyed after removing glasses to "look my best" for the photo.

He'll be gorgeous though. Boys just look cool when they are in a bit of a muss.

25 July 2007 at 00:23  
Blogger Tanya Brown said...

LOL! These will be special school photos someday. Out of a sea of school photos, you'll be able to look at these and remember exactly what the day was like.

Good times.

26 July 2007 at 13:42  
Blogger kate said...

One school photo day I was saddened by my lack of a crimper (because it was the 80s and such things were necessary) so I plaited my hair when it was wet. My mother thought I looked ok with my hair up, and I went off to school. Just before the photos I took the plaits out to reveal my 'crimped' hair, and my mother didn't know until the photos came back.

I looked awful, in a daggy 10 year old kind of way. It's one of my favourite school photos, and I'm still friends with a couple of the other girls who also look pretty daggy. The other favourite school photo is the one where I look sick, my eyes are all puffed up and I look like I'm ready to fall asleep. I was six. My Mum knew I was sick but sent me anyway because she'd already paid for the photos.

2 August 2007 at 11:32  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home