Saturday 25 April 2009

Before and After

Unwrapping the bundles is the fun bit.












Lemon leaves, vine leaves, mirror bush?, bougainvillea?, red berries.















Flowering gum, two different natives from the nature strip.












Seed pods from the nature strip.














Fallen eucalyptus leaves, she-oak?, lilly pilly?














Grevillea, correa flowers and leaves, native bluebell, native mint, two different gum leaves.



Close up of the lemon leaves, one of my favourite results.










The colours are a little less washed out looking in the flesh. Click on the photos for a closer view. I need to brush up on my botanical knowledge! Any hints or tips on formatting photos?

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger crafty said...

Ah crap! It didn't look quite that bad in the preview!

25 April 2009 at 11:30  
Blogger MiM said...

all looks great, especially lemon leaves x

25 April 2009 at 13:38  
Blogger Melinda said...

Do they smell divine as you are doing them? I swear I can smell the lemon leaves.

25 April 2009 at 22:19  
Blogger crafty said...

Thanks Mim, yes Melinda, the smell is divine, usually.
Especially when just using eucalyptus...

26 April 2009 at 08:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really lovely!

26 April 2009 at 17:32  
Blogger Warty Mammal said...

Cool.

This is reminding me of something. Christine Thresh and her husband published a book on mushroom dyeing back in the mid-70s:

http://www.sonic.net/~dbeebee/web_mush-history.htm

May or may not be useful to you ...

27 April 2009 at 03:37  
Blogger crafty said...

Wow, Warty, thanks for the link!

27 April 2009 at 13:15  
Blogger Gina said...

Hi there, so glad to have found your blog, wonderful! Now I can visit and get lots of ideas. Thanks for your thoughts on plastic bags, I think I will give those degradeable ones a go, or just suck it up and wash the bin. PS I'm also a classical music nerd.

29 April 2009 at 13:46  
Blogger polly pratt said...

Hi,

Thanks for dropping into my blog.I worked in the shop today and sold one of your brooches. look forward to meeting you.

Anna

19 May 2009 at 19:59  
Blogger meggie said...

Very interesting. It must be exciting to see the surprise results!

30 May 2009 at 09:21  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home