Monday 23 March 2009

Happy

I've been tagged by Janet for this.

Here are the rules…
Link to the person who gave you the award. If you want.
Post the rules on your blog.
List six things that make you happy.
Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
Let the person who awarded you know when your entry is up.

"Now I'm going to skip the whole family and big things that I'm grateful for like a house and job, and not living somewhere we could be bombed etc. Let's just take those things for granted eh? I'm going to list the little things, the small joys..."

The above is copied from Janet, and I just want to say, ditto.

1. Lying on the grass on a not too hot, not too cold, probably autumn day, with the sun on my face.
2. Having a whole day to myself to make and potter and do whatever I want, or do nothing and not feel guilty.
3. Reading a book cover to cover, in one go without stopping.
4. Eating food I haven't had to prepare myself.
5. Quiet.
6. Filling a bag up with rubbish. Really. Op-shopping also gets filed under this one. I get all exasperated at my littlest Monkey who loves nothing more than to fill up a bag of bits and pieces of rubbish, but I think I know who she inherited that little habit from....

Tag yourself if you feel like doing this. It does feel good to think about the little things that make you happy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

Big, BIG fan of number 5. Don't get it much. But a big fan when/if it happens. Also love numbers... well, all of them.

It truly is the little things.

23 March 2009 at 11:47  
Blogger LBA said...

oh - could SO do this one ( and it would help break my blog-drought ).

Also, now the kids have doubled, I can totally hear you on your pointers, and could add a few of my own...

23 March 2009 at 17:27  
Blogger Janet said...

all these things sound totally happy making and now I want to go and fill a bag too... I wonder if they have really big cardboard boxes...

23 March 2009 at 22:00  
Blogger Warty Mammal said...

This was good reading.

I may do it ... after I catch up on reading all of the blogs I follow!

26 March 2009 at 12:29  
Blogger meggie said...

I enjoyed this. I can relate to all your points, but it is surprising how the priority of things changes when you age a lot!
F'rinstance, no kids to wish peace from, now!

29 March 2009 at 08:36  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home