Sunday 20 July 2008

Still Here

I'd been promising to make the girl monkeys one of these each for months, five days at my parents house in the school holidays finally gave me the opportunity, they chose the fabrics themselves from my mother's scraps. Turned out OK I think, my satin stitch is a bit tight on the nose, also for the hems I just turned up once and used zig zag, so I only had to stitch once. I'm lazy. I think it's fine for things like dolls clothes though. The other one has a red bow, and clothes in blue, white and a floral. She also has a mouth drawn with yellow highlighter.

Yet another birthday party to attend, so I tweaked the hello kitty pattern and made this:
It was one of those I can quickly whip this up before the party type affairs. I couldn't. We are still waiting for the opportunity to give her to the birthday girl.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

It is very nice to know you are still here.

They are very sweet dolls.

20 July 2008 at 17:09  
Blogger Jodie said...

Love that hair - superb!!!

20 July 2008 at 17:57  
Blogger Tanya Brown said...

These are better than okay. You did a great job. I foresee some very pleased girl monkeys and birthday girls!

21 July 2008 at 01:29  
Blogger LBA said...

how cute !!

21 July 2008 at 17:18  
Blogger Melinda said...

I love the hair on doll #2. Classic. I LOVE the idea of a hand-made doll as a gift! How unique!!

22 July 2008 at 01:24  
Blogger molly said...

You ARE crafty, aren't you? Very cute!

22 July 2008 at 14:36  
Blogger meggie said...

Nice to know you are still there!
Love those little dollies, so cute!

29 July 2008 at 13:12  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home