Tuesday 1 January 2008

Read as Much as You Like Between the Lines, You are Probably Right

Well, it turned out we moved before Christmas, not after. This was immediately followed by an in-law Christmas visit, and then actual Christmas spent at my parents house, a longish drive away. Not good timing for Monkeys. Monkeys were little nightmares. I got sick, stayed in bed for two days. I have never done that since I became a mother. Pity I was sick or I might have enjoyed it. Lucky I was at my Mum's house, and Husband looked after Monkeys.

Did I mention this was the 6th move in 6 years?

Oh yes, and I spent Christmas eve nit-combing the Monkey's hair.

I ended up having to do that last minute Christmas shopping thing at night at a shopping centre.

So, we didn't go camping after-all, as predicted by me it was crazy talk, the Monkeys were too unsettled.

So, Christmas is over, Thank God for that. We are back in our little house, and it's OK.

I have finally got my way over cutting the bunk in two. Just turned two is too little to be climbing up and down bunks. It took a skull fracture to get Husband to do the deed, but there you go. Now I am working on convincing Husband that a cubby house thats floor starts two metres from the ground is a very bad idea. Wish me luck, I need it.

The littlest Monkey is fine, she has a very sore head, the fracture didn't cause any other damage, and it hasn't moved, so no treatment is necessary. I just have to try and keep her from climbing too much, so she dosen't fall again. We are very, very lucky.

Oh, and I may be a little thin on the ground as far as blog posts go for the rest of January, but don't worry, I'll be back.

18 Comments:

Blogger crafty said...

Actually, I wrote this on the 9th January.

9 January 2008 at 14:00  
Blogger Mary said...

I'm reading between the lines and I am feeling for you.

Hope some degree of order and less pain is restored soon.

9 January 2008 at 15:57  
Blogger Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Oh dear. I'm reading between the lines too...and not finding a pretty story for you!

A fractured skull? Seriously? That is very dramatic. Thank goodness she is okay.

Hope everything settles and looking forward to you posting away next month!

9 January 2008 at 17:19  
Blogger Tanya Brown said...

Oh, my goodness! You've been to the wars and back!

I'm glad your daughter's prognosis is good. I'll be thinking of you and hoping that everything settles out.

9 January 2008 at 17:43  
Blogger Stomper Girl said...

You're back on! Does this mean the broadband got connected?

Shall I send Fixit round to make sure the cubby-house stays grounded?

9 January 2008 at 22:33  
Blogger Aunty Evil said...

I missed you, and am very glad to be reading you again. Your Christmas tree was nice and everything, but I got sick of looking at it!

Sorry to read of your woes, but glad to see everything is moving forward.

"They" reckon that you should always expect broken bones with kids, but a fractured skull seems to be pushing it a bit, I'm happy that it has not become anything more serious!

10 January 2008 at 07:27  
Blogger LBA said...

I've been enquiring about you .. behind your back...

Good to see you back - as for the rest of it - ugh.

10 January 2008 at 14:18  
Blogger crafty said...

Yes, fractured skull does indeed sound dramatic. I couldn't believe it.

Also she picked up gastro while we were at the hospital, so that's nice.

Stomper, yes, broadband is back. Husband is sulking over the cubby house, hopefully that means he is doing as he's told.

Aunty, the poor tree didn't even make it to Christmas day.

10 January 2008 at 22:40  
Blogger meggie said...

Crafty, I really feel for you!

One of those patches, where it all seems to pile up.

How scary about the fracture- so glad she is ok.

Take up Stompers offer of Fixit to prevent the cubby house being elevated.

Hugs to youXX

11 January 2008 at 13:28  
Blogger Stacey said...

Oh gee, what a time you have had of it.
The fracture must have scared the bejesus out of you. Tie her down, or wrap her in bubble wrap or something. Poor love.
Cubby should defintely be at ground level!!

11 January 2008 at 23:49  
Blogger Melinda said...

Tell hubby to sulk away. He and Rob can sulk together. He wanted to get J.T. a go-cart for Christmas. I said not only no, but HELL NO! Have you lost your mind?

Skull Fracture! Oh my. Tell that sweet little monkey her climbing privileges have been revoked!

If only it were that simple.

12 January 2008 at 07:19  
Blogger riseoutofme said...

Nice to be reading you again ...

Busy days you've been having ... hope 2008 is uneventful and dull .. for January at least ... a little breathing space ...

12 January 2008 at 10:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a month you've had! I hope it all settles and heals quickly and without fuss.

13 January 2008 at 14:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have my sympathy. We moved on Dec24 once. Man what a dumb decision that was! We were exhausted.
Hope that poor little monkey's head is better!

16 January 2008 at 14:22  
Blogger zoesquid said...

I hope the little monkey's head is healing nicely. Check out my site to see what the bunk beds did for my gorgeous 3 year old (July 07). Thank goodness children heal quickly!! Love your blog btw. Will be back soon.

19 January 2008 at 22:52  
Blogger Suse said...

Ouch.

Hoping it's all settled by now and everyone is healthy and healed.

Nice to have you back!

22 January 2008 at 20:59  
Blogger KPB said...

OK, I'm sure I've checked in several times over the last month but somehow missed this altogether.

I feel tired and cranky for you.

If that is any consolation whatsoever.

28 January 2008 at 10:16  
Blogger Kylie said...

I am hearing you on all of the moves. We have just done our sixth in five hears - ahh. And the more you do the easier it DOESN'T get!

21 February 2008 at 22:40  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home