Saturday 20 October 2007

Anyone for Corn on the Cob?


What gets me is not so much that this happens, but that I don't see it happening. I mean seriously, she had her chair pressed right up to my leg. She couldn't have been much more than 30cm from me. Little monkey. I was going to boil it for a few minutes and serve it with butter, along side the sausages. I salvaged what I could and added it to the salad.

The other day it was sugar, carefully spooned into the vegemite. Again, practically under my nose, without me noticing a thing and while I was cooking sausages.

I don't actually eat meat, but I do cook it for the rest of the gang, and I am very particular about the sausages being evenly cooked, which can be quite challenging, and absorbing apparently.

12 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Brown said...

It isn't your fault. Young children have a kind of force field which distorts the time/space continuum in their direct vicinity. Even when one looks right at them, it's difficult to tell what they're doing.

21 October 2007 at 03:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious! It's a bit like when you pick up a book and every single page has a little squiggle on it. No big scribble, just a little squiggle. Who could be cross about that?

21 October 2007 at 07:41  
Blogger Louise said...

Oh that's hilarious! You really have to see the funny side of these things or you'd go completely nuts!!!

21 October 2007 at 08:19  
Blogger Stomper Girl said...

If they're quiet I don't look at them either.

21 October 2007 at 09:59  
Blogger Lee said...

Think yourself lucky to have an adventurous eater!

21 October 2007 at 14:37  
Blogger meggie said...

What Lee said!
SG only eats macaroni & cheese! oh & weetbix.

21 October 2007 at 16:43  
Blogger Aunty Evil said...

Stop cooking sausages.

It sounds like that is the crime time.

21 October 2007 at 17:04  
Blogger Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

That looks more like the work of a rat than a monkey!

21 October 2007 at 18:57  
Blogger Melinda said...

I think its time for the monkeys to go vegetarian. At least one of them obviously likes the veggies. When my kids are quiet (especially Abby) I look for them. Nothing good is going on when she's quiet.

22 October 2007 at 05:05  
Blogger crafty said...

They seem to prefer their veggies when they are contraband.

22 October 2007 at 12:55  
Blogger LBA said...

We used to eat raw corn right from the garden when we used to come home from school as a snack :)

I think this is so cute :)

22 October 2007 at 15:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do they do that? One of my kids busted half the keys off my laptop just the other day. Tricksey little poppets....

24 October 2007 at 22:06  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home